The history of Nockherberg
|1627||Prince-elector Maximilian I. called the Paulaner to the » monastery Neudeck ob der Au «.|
|1634||Latest by that year the Paulaner monks started to brew beer.
|1751||An electoral mandat finally explicitly allowed the public beer serving on the holiday of the saintly founder of St. Francis of Paula on the 2nd of April.|
|1773||Paulaner brewmaster brother Barnabas Still, became a famosity in the Bavarian brewing history. His basic recipe is still used nowadays to brew the »Salvator«.
|1780||Almost ten years before the monastic in Neudeck was dissoluted, prince-elector Karl Theodor gave the Paulaner monks the permission to serve beer publicly and without any restrictions.
|1799||Under the government of electoral Prince Maximilian Josef, the Feast of the Holy Father became the largest public festival in the city on the 2nd of April, thanks to the participation of the entire of the entire electoral household and the population of Munich. The monastery was abolished on 23 July 1799. The electoral court counselor Lord Arco of Valley took over the responsibilities of the monastric management.
|1806||Brewmaster Franz Xaver Zacherl has initially taken the monastry over on a leasehold basis. Seven years later he bought the entire area. He continued the tradition of the Feast of the Holy Father.|
|1849||After Franz Xaver Zacherl’s death, his nephews Heinrich and Ludwig Schmederer from Tölz inherited the brewery.
|1861||In 1861 the first spring drink was sold in the newly built »Zacherl-Keller« on Nockherberg, the site of today's »Paulaner am Nockherberg«.|
|1899||On 20. June 1899 the Imperial Patent Office of Berlin has finally granted the description »Salvator« as protected trade mark.
|1905||Construction of the Salettl.|
|1944||Complete destruction by a bombing raid.|
|Reconstruction of the Salvator-Keller.|
|1950||The first Salvator tasting took place after World War II on the 10th of February 1950.
|1965||The old custom of the Feast of the Holy Father has been re-enacted.|
|1994||Name change of the »Salvator-Keller« to »Paulaner-Keller« implemented by the Paulaner brewery.|
|1999||During the night of the 28th of November a large fire destroyed the halls and the restaurant »Paulaner-Keller«.|
|2000||The traditional Starkbierfest has taken place in a tent at the Mariahilf-Platz until the »Paulaner am Nockherberg« has been reconstructed.
|2003||In March 2003 the newly build »Paulaner am Nockherberg« has been re-opened and the traditional Starkbierfest will again take place in the »Paulaner Festive Hall« for a period of 17 days.